CoolSculpting – A Non-Surgical Fat Reduction Treatment
CoolSculpting® is a new, non-invasive way to gently and effectively reduce fat in targeted areas of the body. CoolSculpting results are noticeable and natural-looking. What makes the CoolSculpting Procedure different is that it uses advanced cooling technology (Cryolipolysis) to selectively target fat bulges and eliminate fat cells through a gradual process (apoptosis and phagocytosis) that does not harm the surrounding tissues. The CoolSculpting Procedure can reduce unwanted fat and bulges in the flank (love handles) and abdomen. Unlike traditional invasive surgical procedures, the CoolSculpting Procedure is non-invasive with no needles and no need for surgical incisions.
Learn more about the CoolSculpting Non-Surgical Fat Freezing Procedure
With this non-invasive procedure, there are no needles, no incisions, no need for anesthesia, and no recovery time. The CoolSculpting treatment is convenient for most patients, lasting 1-3 hours. During their treatment, they can read, work on their laptop computer, listen to music or just relax. Most patients typically resume their routine activities, including returning to work and exercise regimens on the same day as the procedure.
FACTS AT A GLANCE
About the CoolSculpting® Procedure
- The CoolSculpting procedure is the completely non-surgical, clinically proven, safe and effective way to freeze away unwanted fat for good without surgery or downtime.
- The CoolSculpting procedure is FDA cleared for four areas of the body – the abdomen, flanks (also known as love handles), thighs and double chin.
- Developed by Harvard scientists, the CoolSculpting procedure is the only FDA cleared cold-based non-surgical body contouring treatment available for individuals seeking to remove unwanted fat that does not respond to diet and exercise.
Key Benefits of the CoolSculpting Procedure
- Safe and Effective: The CoolSculpting procedure is FDA cleared for fat reduction in the abdomen, flank and thighs. The results are clinically proven, noticeable and lasting.
- Non-Invasive: The CoolSculpting procedure is a non-invasive alternative to liposuction that eliminates fat for good without the risks or downtime associated with surgical procedures.
- Personalized and Simple: The CoolSculpting procedure is performed in a medical office and under the supervision of a licensed physician. During the initial consultation, ZELTIQ recommends that patients work with their physician to develop a customized treatment plan tailored to their bodies. The CoolSculpting procedure can then be performed in 1-2 hours (depending on the area(s) of the body treated), and during this time patients can relax, read or even nap.
How CoolSculpting Works
- During the CoolSculpting procedure, a non-invasive applicator delivers precisely controlled cooling to the treatment area to specifically target underlying fat, leaving surface skin and other surrounding tissue unaffected.
- Data shows that when fat cells are exposed to extreme cold, a process of natural removal is triggered, which gradually reduces the thickness of the fat layer. Once the treated fat cells are crystallized (frozen), they die and are naturally eliminated from the body for good. The result is a noticeable and measurable reduction of fat in the treatment area.
- Patients typically see a 20-25 percent reduction of fat in the treated area with results as early as three weeks. The most dramatic results are typically observed 1-3 months after treatment.
- Every patient is unique, which is why ZELTIQ recommends a customized procedure plan as part of the initial consultation. Additional treatments in the same or multiple areas may help enhance the desired aesthetic effect.
- The CoolSculpting procedure is clinically proven to be a safe and effective treatment and is performed in a medical office, under the supervision of a licensed physician. With patented built-in safety measures, it is the only cold-based, non-surgical body contouring treatment cleared by the FDA.
- More than 2 million CoolSculpting treatments have been performed in over 70 countries around the world.
- The CoolSculpting procedure is available through an elite network of CoolSculpting centers worldwide. The complete list of licensed dermatologists, plastic surgeons and leading aesthetic practices offering the CoolSculpting procedure can be found on www.CoolSculpting.com.
- The CoolSculpting procedure is ideal for patients who are looking to target unwanted fat that is often resistant to diet and exercise. The procedure is not intended as a weight loss solution for overweight or obese individuals.
- Every patient is unique, which is why ZELTIQ recommends a customized treatment plan as part of the initial consultation. Additional treatments in the same or multiple areas may help enhance the desired aesthetic effect.
The Science Behind CoolSculpting
- The CoolSculpting procedure is based on proven science called Cryolipolysis®. Cryolipolysis is the result of a groundbreaking discovery by Drs. Dieter Manstein and R. Rox Anderson at the Wellman Center for Photomedicine at Massachusetts General Hospital in Boston, a teaching affiliate of Harvard Medical School. ZELTIQ is the exclusive licensee of this patented technology and therefore the only company to provide Cryolipolysis.
- Founded in 2005, ZELTIQ® Aesthetics, Inc. (Nasdaq: ZLTQ) is a medical technology company focused on developing and commercializing products utilizing its proprietary controlled-cooling technology platform. It has licensed the exclusive global commercial rights to Cryolipolysis from Massachusetts General Hospital as a non-invasive method of reducing fat. The company is advancing the science, clinical evaluation, and commercial development of this technology. The Company’s first commercial product, the CoolSculpting® system, is designed to selectively reduce stubborn fat bulges that may not respond to diet or exercise. ZELTIQ is committed to using this breakthrough technology and making it available to physicians around the world specializing in cosmetic procedures.